EGG -- Okay OWWWWWWWWWWWW

No actually, they can be that size and be single, double or triple yolked. It's more likely single if the large egg is laid every week.

This one is one of her record holders and is double yolked so I decided to put it in the incubator. She often lays a very large egg, but this one had the others by at least a half an inch...

Yes, two yolks in one egg. In fact this is a double yolked egg and the twins are developing nicely. There is now a clear delineation between the developing chick spots, each has about half of the egg as it's own.

Given that it's the largest double yolked egg I've ever seen here, they just might make it... They went in the 10th so they should hatch the 29th or 30th here.

Oh wow! If it was possible, she wouldve deserved a day off after that sucker was layed!! That's so neat that both chicks are developing for you! Good luck to you and both of those little buggers
big_smile.png
!!

Twins! Fun! If a broody laid such an egg, would she be able to incubate and hatch it?

Also, did she scream at all after? Looks painful!

Aww that's sad and it's a wonder Bear wasn't squaking for a week.

Makes you wonder why it happens like that. I'm sorry about your hen.

I don't think double yolked eggs hatch under a hen. The only successful twins I know of were assisted.

Day 8 and said good morning to both twins. Baby A is at the pointy end and nearer the side, Baby B has centered in his end and is harder to see, but I have two LED penlights, he can't actually hide.

If I had to bet I'd say Baby A is slightly slower developing and has been. They're not exactly the same by any means.

fl.gif
Go babies Go
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom