Egg pipping on bottom....help!

joq77

Hatching
Apr 14, 2020
Hi can anyone help please.
My Silkie eggs are on day 19. One has pipped this morning but on the bottom. This one also has a saddled cell. I can hear it chirping and moving and it’s beak is pecking away Will it be ok , should I do anything??
This is my first hatch .

Attachments

• BFBEE17E-CAA1-464B-BF86-99C80A0EDD78.jpeg
    BFBEE17E-CAA1-464B-BF86-99C80A0EDD78.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 9
Hi can anyone help please.
My Silkie eggs are on day 19. One has pipped this morning but on the bottom. This one also has a saddled cell. I can hear it chirping and moving and it’s beak is pecking away Will it be ok , should I do anything??
This is my first hatch .
Just leave it. It will be fine. If you turn it over it will take longer to hatch because it will disorient the chick and then it takes time to get back into hatching position. They know what they're doing. First hatches sure are stressful. Good luck!

It’s been jumping over the other egg and rolling it around the incubator. Is this ok or should I move the chick into the brooder? Thanks

It’s been jumping over the other egg and rolling it around the incubator. Is this ok or should I move the chick into the brooder? Thanks
It's ok. That's totally normal. It won't hurt the other egg. If your brooder is up to temp (95 degrees on one side) you can put It in as soon as it starts to fluff up. Mist the remaining egg with warm water right before you shut the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom