Egg position... help!

Want Less

Songster
9 Years
Mar 24, 2010
New Bern, NC
We're first time incubators and we put our first eggs in this evening. We have a Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance. My question is that we are putting 20 eggs in and I know they should be top down. However since its not a full 24 egg load for the incubator, there is extra space. Which means on the auto-cradle, they tend to shift and fall over.

What is the best thing to do here? Shove something in the empty space to keep them standing right? If so, what?

(See photo)

2011-12-31_18-28-22_635.jpg

I've tried organizing them by size and stuffing them into full rows but its not working out. Would you fill the extra space with something? Take out the dividers and put the eggs in an egg carton? Any and all thoughts appreciated. We're on day 1.

Quote:
I just fill up the extra spaces in my Brinsea. Pretty much anything will work. I have used craft foam .....cut into strips and rolled up. Once I cut the egg cups out of a foam egg carton. Last time I used a couple of water wigglers. Just make sure that whatever you use has been cleaned well. Don't want to introduce extra germs.

Back
Top Bottom