Egg Problems

deb1

Songster
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
NC
Yesterday my electricity went out for about two or three hours.

The temp in my homemade incubator dropped to 93 and continued to go down. So, I added a small tea candle. I watched the temperature until it seemed to stabilize between 99.5 and 100.

For a few minutes I watched some tv with my daughters. Then my younger son shouted that the temperature in the incubator was 108!
sad.png
We lifted the lid and waved air into the incubator. It cooled down but the temperature again began to shoot down until it was under 95.

Today, I candled my eggs. I think that I need a stronger flashlight. All I could see was the air sac and dark blobs that moved as I moved the eggs. I am not seeing veins though.

I think that my egg experiement has probably failed. I can start again of course.

But just as a long shot I have to ask. Is there any chance that my eggs are alive?

I should add that my eggs came from a friend's flock. They were free. I don't know how often she gathers her eggs. I assumed daily. Maybe they were a bit older then I thought. But they are still probably dead right?
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom