Egg production

Robnbob

In the Brooder
Aug 25, 2016
Hi, I have recently been interested in egg production but have no idea how I'm going to sell them. I live in an urban area and I need tips pleeeaseeee!!! :D

Greetings from Kansas and :welcome. Great to have you with us. You can always try Craigslist. Farmers Markets are great as well. The key is finding a steady customer that you can count on week after week. Here is a BYC link to threads of various states. Find yours and see if locals can give you some ideas on how they sell them. Good luck to you!

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you have joined us.

And wish you luck in the new adventure.

Here's a link that may help post #1 Looks like you do need to research regulations in your area on how you have to handle and package the eggs for sale.

Around here folks pay a booth fee at the "farmer's markets" to sell eggs. IMO better profits are to find folks who are interested in fresh eggs and market directly to them without extra middle man expenses.

Years ago my mom bought fresh eggs from an individual who just placed a sign in the yard when eggs were available - with a friendly group this could still work?

Hi and welcome to BYC - some great ideas above. I sell mine to my DW's colleagues - it pays for their feed (but not my chicken maths
smile.png
).

Best wishes
CT

Welcome to Backyard chickens. You also should snoop around first and find out if the market is saturated with others selling eggs in your area.

Back
Top Bottom