Egg selling laws in CA

tiffybugg

Chirping
11 Years
Jul 3, 2009
California
I recently registered as an egg handler in CA and I am really struggling with the carton marking regulations. We are required to put a lot of labeling information on the cartons. Is anyone familiar with the labeling requirements and if so, how did you manage to get all the info on the carton and how? Or where did you order them from? Thank you!

I have an egg business (Peppercorn Acres) and my egg handler's license here in California. I buy my egg cartons from FarmTec. You can search the internet and try to find a better deal. I make my own labels on a Avery 2" x 4" (8363). I cheat a bit (don't tell anyone!) and don't grade or size my eggs. I don't wash them either. I throw them in a carton all together, all sizes, etc. and stick a label on em. I mean, who is going to buy a carton of small eggs? No one that's who.

1583777638785.png

So, this is my label. I put it on the egg carton without mention of grade or size. Everyone loves my eggs and I've gotten not one complaint. I've been selling for 3 years now. Where are you located? Not going to be my competition are you? Good luck with your business! :hugs

Eggs in carton colorful.jpg

I have an egg business (Peppercorn Acres) and my egg handler's license here in California. I buy my egg cartons from FarmTec. You can search the internet and try to find a better deal. I make my own labels on a Avery 2" x 4" (8363). I cheat a bit (don't tell anyone!) and don't grade or size my eggs. I don't wash them either. I throw them in a carton all together, all sizes, etc. and stick a label on em. I mean, who is going to buy a carton of small eggs? No one that's who.

View attachment 2046983
So, this is my label. I put it on the egg carton without mention of grade or size. Everyone loves my eggs and I've gotten not one complaint. I've been selling for 3 years now. Where are you located? Not going to be my competition are you? Good luck with your business! :hugs

View attachment 2046985

Thank you so much for sharing your label! I have really been struggling with this. I was also worried about sizing and grading, lol! Don’t worry, I won’t be your competition. I’m in Sonoma County. Do you ever have any issues with the Avery labels not sticking?

Thank you so much for sharing your label! I have really been struggling with this. I was also worried about sizing and grading, lol! Don’t worry, I won’t be your competition. I’m in Sonoma County. Do you ever have any issues with the Avery labels not sticking?
I put the label on across the carton and yeah, the sides have to be pushed down many times to stick! I took the photo of the eggs on the carton label and I got my business cards from Vista Print using another photo of my egg basket full after a days gathering. Good luck on your business and don't hesitate to ask further questions! I'm glad I won't be competing with you! ;)

egg carton label  no stick.jpg business card.jpg

Back
Top Bottom