Egg shaking day 15-16.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Obyli, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Obyli

Obyli Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    California Torrance
    Is that a good sign? Is it gonna hatch sooner than expected? 15 day if I didn't count the first day.....Soooooo cool. No peeping yet tho haha

2. crazypetlady

crazypetlady Chillin' With My Peeps

What kind of eggs are they? Some like Serama can hatch at 18 days I had 1 little bantam X hatch at day 18 but the egg was tiny

3. Obyli

Jun 17, 2011
    California Torrance
    They are leghorn eggs from trader joes.

4. crazypetlady

crazypetlady Chillin' With My Peeps

If the temp had gotten high enough BEFORE you got them they could have started developing before you set them so they could be closer to 21 days than you think they are....just a thought

5. Obyli

Jun 17, 2011
    California Torrance
    I have a still air incubator and I have my temperature at 99-101. It got to 101.8 once but they are now doing GREAT!! Some people said they couldn't see any movements at day 16. I can see em move clearly. I hope they hatch earlier. But ofcourse I want them to be healthy as well

6. chookhead

chookhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    maybe ur brooder temp is tooo high and so there developing very quickyl and how big r the eggs if there small they take less time jsut hope and pray that there fine and take extra care of them because thye mite me immature i had a premature and it quickly died [​IMG]

7. Obyli

Jun 17, 2011
    California Torrance
    I have 3 smaller eggs and 10 big store bought eggs. The store bought ones are pretty much the ones that are shaking. Opposite around XD

8. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I have had chicks hatch on day 18. I agree if they were stored in a warm place they could have gotten a head start on development. Also if the temp stayed on the high side they can hatch a day or two early. I have some due to hatch on Sunday. Good luck and have fun.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by