Egg Shells "Harden when they hit the air?" Um, wtf???

Quote:
lau.gif

For me this was the best part of the story!

lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lau.gif
I love these! I get the question ALL THE TIME- how can I get eggs when I don't have a rooster??? as they stand there aghast and amazed looking at my ALL GIRL flock and thinking I must have a rooster tucked in and hidden away or one of my "girls" is actually a rooster in disquise, because that is the ONLY way I could possibly be getting eggs, and how do I know for sure one of them isn't actually a rooster? ha!

The "soft egg til it hits the air" is a new one on me- that's a good one- ha- too bad it was being told by an "expert"

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

and this is why I am not allowed to go to any poultry events by myself. I have no embarrasment factor whatsoever and I do not suffer fools gladly, but I have no problems making fools suffer
cool.png

and, as my loving partner just commented, if this was the case, people would have found ways to make them lay their eggs directly into little cases so they would be square and star shaped and everything else
woot.gif

Matthew Ryan

lol.png
lol.png
That's great!!

My husband has been telling everyone at work about our adventures in raising our chickens. (I suspect there's some good natured complaining about how I've lost my mind because I wanted chickens, too).

Anyway, this young man, stone cold serious said to dh: "You know, you can buy eggs at the store for like $1 a dozen, right?"

It's become a huge office joke and people will just randomly tell each other that now.

Quote:
I like to reply with, "Do you know where that egg came from, how long it was sitting somewhere, what condition the chicken was in, and what the chicken was fed?" That's the short version, usually I end up talking for about 5 minutes about it and they are sorry they brought it up! HA HA HA!

My favorite is the 3rd grade teacher a friend and I loaned an incubator to full of white eggs (easier to see development in).

She announced to the whole class, "White eggs come from hens without a rooster, and so they're infertile. Brown eggs come from a hen with a rooster and have been fertilized."

She was corrected by the friend's daughter immediately, but I'm wondering if she thought the roo went around spraying the eggs with rooster spray, and that colors them, or what?? What the heck does green or blue indicate??
hu.gif

Last edited:
I was actually told that and thought that was true until not really that long ago.
ep.gif
My family got some eggs that had soft shells and I was under the impression they did not "harden" like the others.

I'll bet the grown ups where laughing behind my back! At least I hope they were, I hope they did not actually think that as well! My dad had a friend w dentures, I was enamored that he could take his teeth out. But I couldn't. I would try then cry when mine wouldn't come out. I was only about 3 or 4 though.

Back
Top Bottom