Egg shrinkwrapped?

hlf1996

Songster
8 Years
Mar 24, 2011
California
I moistened the membrane and am letting the chick do the rest. I hope he hatches happy and healthy. When moistening the membrane I could still see veins so I know he wont be ready to hatch for a while. If you would like to share your experiences I would appreciate it, thanks so much.

Last edited:
Shrink wrapped: before pipping, both inner and out membranes dry tight around the chick; caused by too little humidity throughout incubation. The signs of shrink wrapped are that the inner membrane turns a dark brown color and there is no space between the chick and egg. It is usually flapping around under ideal conditions from the chick breathing.

Sticky chick: after pipping, the liquids dry becoming glue-like followed by concrete-like; caused by too little humidity during lockdown

Just peel back more of the shell and wet the membrane with a Q-tip. Be very gentle around the veins. Then wrap him and egg in a damp paper towel (not covering the beak) and put him back in the bator.

Best Wishes,
Laura

How did you see the membrane? If the veins are still active there should have only been the tiny little pip in the shell and no need for moistening anything.

Quote:
They changed their post a little bit ago...there was a entire reasoning and question part.....guess you missed out on that one.....

Back
Top Bottom