egg song at 14 weeks??!

littlestchicken

In the Brooder
Oct 25, 2020
hello all, so my little beauties turned 14 weeks yesterday and this morning i heard what i can only find on youtube as the egg song from the black marran and light sussex mix. when i went to see what this noise was she was strutting around proud making the noise then stopped and went about her business eating and carrying on as normal. my question is could this be practice? or could it also indicate an illness?? very new to keeping chickens and have no idea what to make of this!!

hello all, so my little beauties turned 14 weeks yesterday and this morning i heard what i can only find on youtube as the egg song from the black marran and light sussex mix. when i went to see what this noise was she was strutting around proud making the noise then stopped and went about her business eating and carrying on as normal. my question is could this be practice? or could it also indicate an illness?? very new to keeping chickens and have no idea what to make of this!!
It's possible that she saw something concerning (a predator, or just something that startled her), and was making a danger call that sounds similar to the egg song. Roosters make the sound but hens sometimes will as well, especially if there is no rooster around.

Back
Top Bottom