Egg Song

HenMcGhie

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 20, 2013
I'm hearing the egg song!!! That means eggs soon right? Plus, my crazy rooster is imitating the hen who's doing the egg song. Silly rooster.
lau.gif

my silkies will sing a very strange song when they are building up to an egg.. its more of a wild raptor call or tropical monkey cry or something kinda eery, im gona try to get a tape of it.

Congrats!! A few of mine started doing their egg songs a week or more before laying but after they started laying.....They stopped their songs!!!
barnie.gif

Awww, that's no fun. I hope mine keep up the song. It's really fun to listen to.

Finally heard the egg song this morning from my almost 21 week old pullets!!!! It seems like its been forever and were not getting eggs I was so excited when I heard it this morning so hopefully we'll get eggs soon. I guess it seems so long because they are all the same age and a new flock. I am putting eggs in the bator on tues so hopefully god willing I get some babies and they will be laying by spring
fl.gif

Finally heard the egg song this morning from my almost 21 week old pullets!!!! It seems like its been forever and were not getting eggs I was so excited when I heard it this morning so hopefully we'll get eggs soon. I guess it seems so long because they are all the same age and a new flock. I am putting eggs in the bator on tues so hopefully god willing I get some babies and they will be laying by spring
fl.gif

My pullets were hold outs and didn't start laying (at least the one) until 24 weeks exactly on the day. It took that one fooooorrrreeeeeevvvvveeeerrrrr. I guess not really forever since 6 months is average. It just seemed that way. So now I have three more pullets to look forward to laying soon. I want to get more chick soon so we can have more layers by spring too, but being a newbie, I'm not sure where to get them.

My pullets were hold outs and didn't start laying (at least the one) until 24 weeks exactly on the day. It took that one fooooorrrreeeeeevvvvveeeerrrrr. I guess not really forever since 6 months is average. It just seemed that way. So now I have three more pullets to look forward to laying soon. I want to get more chick soon so we can have more layers by spring too, but being a newbie, I'm not sure where to get them.
Lol I know it seems like forever when you don't have any laying!! I'm a newbie too this is my first flock and I ended up with 4 hens and 3 roosters lol so we named the other two roosters Thanksgiving and Christmas if you get my drift. I'm gonna be hatching some out. What area are you in? I find it best to search craigslist and find local farms that have eggs and chicks you'll find them cheaper than ordering online but if you order chicks online make sure its a well know hatchery with good reviews or you'll end up with a shipment of dead chicks. Good luck hope your others start laying soon
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom