Egg storage

Mar 26, 2020
Southern Vermont
How do you all store your eggs? I leave mine in the counter, generally unwashed, but i mean in what device? I bought a spiral skelter but it is really more for chicken eggs and i cant find anything similar for duck eggs. Thought about a shelf system but that gets somewhat complicated keeping track of freshness (and i need all the help i can get there)

Last edited:
How do you all store your eggs? I leave mine in the counter, generally unwashed, but i mean in what device? I bought a spiral skelter but it is really more for chicken eggs and i cant find anything similar for duck eggs. Thought about a shelf system but that gets somewhat complicated keeping track of freshness (and i need all the help i can get there
I work at a diner so I’m lucky enough to have access to unlimited flats. I use a pencil and write the dates very small on the first egg that goes in and the last egg that goes in (so a date on the first egg, then they go in right to left) so I know the range of what week they were all laid. The only ones I label every time are my fertile hatching eggs in case someone calls and wants to buy some.

I do something similar. I have clear plastic duck egg cartons. I write on the cartons with dry erase markers. I always put the eggs in the cartons in a particular order and use the oldest first.

I store the eggs unwashed in the fridge.

I always wash mine (the dirty staining freaks me out) and put them in cardboard 6-pack egg cartons in the fridge, working from left to right on the refrigerator shelf and front to back, left-to-right within each carton. First in get eaten first.

Back
Top Bottom