Egg storage

As for the previous poster: an egg won't develop until it is held at incubation temperatures for at least 24 hours, which is what triggers development.

Right and that temperature is way warmer than "room temp" so unless you live where it is 99F and up IN your house, they will be no more developed after a week on the counter than they are a minute after they are laid.

I have a big bowl on the counter at the moment. All fertile eggs. I also keep an egg carton filled with the eggs that will go under the broody when she sets. That way, I know right off which ones to grab. The eating eggs, either go into the fridge...(for space), or in-laws. It was not so long ago that we weren't even getting a dozen eggs a week. Now, we have plenty!! I love it!!

I don't know why you couldn't devil those eggs, just wash them real good first. Plus the boiling water will sterilize them, too.

At this point, I have no reason to let my eggs set on the counter, so into the fridge they go. I usually don't wash them before I use
them unless they're poopy. I don't have a rooster and don't plan on having one anytime soon.

I don't know why you couldn't devil those eggs, just wash them real good first. Plus the boiling water will sterilize them, too.

At this point, I have no reason to let my eggs set on the counter, so into the fridge they go. I usually don't wash them before I use
them unless they're poopy. I don't have a rooster and don't plan on having one anytime soon.
why does it matter whether or not you have a rooster?

My reasoning on that is that my eggs aren't fertile so I won't have chicks running around on my counter!
jumpy.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom