Egg that looked very behind pipping two days later? (Also pipping on the wrong side)

Ankaa

Songster
Apr 10, 2023
The egg looked like this two days ago:
D2A746E1-E355-4752-ADA3-C558246EEDF4.jpeg

Compared to all my other eggs, it looked very behind. Is it normal for it to suddenly catch up in two days? There’s a pip now but in the center. I’m worried about another egg exploding.

Can you take a photo of it pipping?
It might've just been in a cold spot in your incubator and have also been malpositioned.

Has it hatched yet or is it still pipped? Try not to move the egg too much or open the incubator while taking a photo.

Edit: have you seen the egg moving while candling it? How long ago did it pip? Are the other eggs with it hatched?

just keep a close eye on it, not uncommon for them to suffocate pipping the wrong end, get him a little airhole asap

Can you take a photo of it pipping?
It might've just been in a cold spot in your incubator and have also been malpositioned.

Has it hatched yet or is it still pipped? Try not to move the egg too much or open the incubator while taking a photo.

Edit: have you seen the egg moving while candling it? How long ago did it pip? Are the other eggs with it hatched?
I’ll send a photo soon. It hasn’t hatched yet but there are hatchlings in the incubator right now. I did see it moving when candling it. It pipped shortly before I posted this, but there were no hatchlings yet at the time, only another egg beginning to pip as well.

Edit: I can’t see it now because a hatchling turned it over but I believe it is a cold spot like you’re saying since I’m not seeing any progress

Last edited:
I’ll send a photo soon. It hasn’t hatched yet but there are hatchlings in the incubator right now. I did see it moving when candling it. It pipped shortly before I posted this, but there were no hatchlings yet at the time, only another egg beginning to pip as well.

Edit: I can’t see it now because a hatchling turned it over but I believe it is a cold spot like you’re saying since I’m not seeing any progress
The cold spot would only delay hatching days but not cause delay in the actual hatch itself
It skipped the air cell so you won’t see any progress for the first 48 ish hours
Baby can take 48-72 after external pip outside the air cell to hatch
We have to add the 24 hours of the skipped step to the overall hatch time

Back
Top Bottom