egg trading ?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dartfreak75, Oct 10, 2013.

1. dartfreak75

dartfreak75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2013
    Has any one here ever done an egg trading program? I know a lot of breeders get Alot for some eggs and would not be interested but just us backyard farmers could trade fertile hatching eggs for different breeds? Any one Be inteRested ? Ps sorry for the bad grammer im on my phone and this auto text crap is killing me lol

2. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    I havent been on for a while but in the past they have done lots of swaps. Try looking under hatch a longs

3. davemonkey

davemonkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2012
    Liberty, TX
    I did a swap (more of a take, on my part) with someone. They gave me a dozen White Leghorn crosses to try out for my attempt to raise a hardier chicken in my area. In return, they are welcome to pick-of-the-litter from my Fayoumis crosses (they are being incubated together). Swaps can be real fun. I'd stay away from the need to ship eggs though. All the trouble I read about with shipped eggs just doesn't seem worth it unless you know for sure what you are getting and are paying for the expertise of an experienced packager/shipper.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by