Egg Trouble

Knighstar679

Crowing
Jun 12, 2018
Seneca Falls, NY
Have you ever had an egg that looked like it was going to quit. Meaning it had some discoloration (a bit of yellowing and such on one part of the egg) but still had veins in it that survived and hatched out. My incubator has an auto turner and it turned off too soon for these eggs and I am worried that they might not make it. But I got the turner on again and am doing extra turns as often as I can remember to push the button. (NR360)

I would be careful with discolored eggs as you don’t want it to be bacteria and have it spread. I did have one egg I was worried about other color on, pip soon after. So, are you close to your hatch date?
I had an egg turner motor die a week after I st my duck eggs and I did not notice until lock down. Others on this site told be that the first week or two are the most important for turning. Of the six eggs, one duckling pipped but got stuck and died hatching. One duckling hatched on its own. And, one duckling I helped hatch but it had a bad case of wry neck. The other three never pipped. So, yours could be perfectly fine!

I would be careful with discolored eggs as you don’t want it to be bacteria and have it spread. I did have one egg I was worried about other color on, pip soon after. So, are you close to your hatch date?
I had an egg turner motor die a week after I st my duck eggs and I did not notice until lock down. Others on this site told be that the first week or two are the most important for turning. Of the six eggs, one duckling pipped but got stuck and died hatching. One duckling hatched on its own. And, one duckling I helped hatch but it had a bad case of wry neck. The other three never pipped. So, yours could be perfectly fine!
I want to say that these are in the first two weeks of incubation. The ones I kept were the ones that had red veins still. A couple had nice thick veins in a couple places others where much thinner. I am hoping they do make it till hatch as these are a second line to a breed I would really like to have.

Back
Top Bottom