Egg turner is broken...whaaaaa

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChickenCrazed, Jan 22, 2010.

1. ChickenCrazed

ChickenCrazed Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Indiana
    I have a hovabator incubator and turner that I have only used one time...My egg turner is not working...My question is does anyone know if a Little Giant turner will fit in a hovabator incubator?...I know I can locate one of those to use....Great time for the dang thing to quite working

~Laura

2. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    you could manually turn it until your hatch is done... i had to do that on my last hatch. no one was harmed, and the hatch was still great!

3. Madcap621

Madcap621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Quote:Yes, It does. Just made that exact replacement. If you have a TSC, got to their site and print off the 'Save $5 coupon! I didn't know about it in time! [​IMG]

4. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Haven't tried it but the L/G is supposed to fit right in. Heard a lot of people do that. The bators are approx the same size.

5. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Give it a little pull it may free itself up.Feel the motor and see if it is still viberating.
    In N.H.,Tony.

6. ChickenCrazed

Aug 28, 2009
    Indiana
    Quote:Yes, It does. Just made that exact replacement. If you have a TSC, got to their site and print off the 'Save $5 coupon! I didn't know about it in time! [​IMG]

Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...I am heading out now to TSC...After I snatch a coupon...They have one left!...

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I had my hova turner get the little arm that attaches to the motor bump off. Wasn't turning for about 24 hours when I realized it, popped that back on and back in business. Always check that first.

8. lildinkem

lildinkem Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Laura keep the parts of the dead turner, and IF you can get a working auto turner for a LiL Giant cannabilize it and retro fit it to work for your Bator using the dead turners parts. I retro fit stuff all the time. Why give up just cause one bad part is preventing it from working rite. right? lolol

9. ChickenCrazed

Aug 28, 2009
    Indiana
    The motor is not vibrating at all...all the parts are together correctly...I have taken it all apart and reassembled it several times to make sure... Usually when a motor is not being used you can freely turn it ...It will not budge at all...I may have gotten a faulty motor with this thing...Oh and the Little Giant turner actually fits better than the hovabator one...I know I can buy another motor and cord from Hovabator for about $23 so we may do that unless hubby can find a motor that can work for less.. thanks everyone I knew you would know the answers! [​IMG]

~Laura

10. beerman

beerman Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Smithville, il
    It will fit just did the same thing. I am going to order spare motors incase it happens again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by