Egg Turner Trays

Eggstrawcrzy

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2021
Is it possible that the centre of my turner stopped working? I had 24 of 50 hatch. All the eggs in the centre didn’t develop past a certain point. I am perplexed. The barnyard mix from our own hens did great, the dozen that I paid a small fortune for didn’t get past their early development and they were all in the centre. I did peek in and I know it was working at one point. Would this be a reason they stopped? Did they maybe get stuck ? I am happy with my babies but so sad about the losses 🙁

Did any of the mail order eggs hatch? I've had 0% hatch on mail order before off ebay. I just had a 50% hatch on eggs from meyer. Mail order eggs get beat up pretty bad most times. You could also put your thermometer there and see if you have a cold spot in your bator or mark and egg set it in and see if its turning.

It's possible that the fan in your incubator isn't circulating the warm air good enough. The turner wouldn't be why eggs hatch or not.
Not enough or too much heat, or too much humidity.

Did any of the mail order eggs hatch? I've had 0% hatch on mail order before off ebay. I just had a 50% hatch on eggs from meyer. Mail order eggs get beat up pretty bad most times. You could also put your thermometer there and see if you have a cold spot in your bator or mark and egg set it in and see if its turning.
A couple did. I candled them all and there was development but it just seemed to stop for some reason.

Is it possible that the centre of my turner stopped working? I had 24 of 50 hatch. All the eggs in the centre didn’t develop past a certain point. I am perplexed. The barnyard mix from our own hens did great, the dozen that I paid a small fortune for didn’t get past their early development and they were all in the centre. I did peek in and I know it was working at one point. Would this be a reason they stopped? Did they maybe get stuck ? I am happy with my babies but so sad about the losses 🙁
It's possible that the fan in your incubator isn't circulating the warm air good enough. The turner wouldn't be why eggs hatch or not.
Not enough or too much heat, or too much humidity.

Back
Top Bottom