Egg turner.....................

jacca5

Songster
11 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Hodgenville, KY
I just bought a new incubator with an egg turner. My question is what do I do the last three days. Can they hatch in the egg turner? Someone just let me know before I set eggs PLEASE.
smile.png

From what I have read they can just stay in the turner if you unplugg it but there is a chance they can get hurt that way and it gets youre turner messy , So you can also take it out and place them ether on the bottom or in egg cartons.

I would say no because even if you turned it off three day before they hatch. They would have no were to stand and feet could fall between the slots. But maybe someone that has done it will let you know.

Turners are hard to clean, so I recommend you not hatch in it! On Day 18, take the eggs out of the turner, either put them in cartons or on the wire bottom, boost the humidity, and let them be. Don't open the incubator again. When they are all hatched, and we hope they will, or when you know the others aren't going to, put the chicks in the brooder.

Here's a ton of info:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=5

Good luck, happy hatching!
jumpy.gif

I have done it.. It really does mess up your turner racks. and they are no picnic to wash..

the chicks' feet do not fall through the cracks..........the whole chicken does.

I suggest the egg carton method..

less overall mess ..

just cut the bottoms off of all 12 of the egg holders and take the cover off completely.. throw it away after the hatch is completed.

Back
Top Bottom