Egg turning. Please Help!!!!!!!!

JoJo 95

Songster
10 Years
Mar 15, 2009
I have a homemade bator with a manual "egg tilting" turner. The only problem is, On weekdays I have school and Im not home all day on weekends. Do the eggs have to be turned at the same time with a certain number of hours in between? And how many times a day should eggs be turned?

I'm sure someone will be able to answer your question. I am new to incubating too and had a similar question. My post hasn't been answered yet either. LOL
wink.png
I'm bumping up your post again so hopefully someone will answer both.
wink.png

I have a friend I gave eggs to. He turns them once a day. There in a box with a 40 wat bulb. He hatched 10 out of 10 eggs last time. This will be his second hatch.

I would turn the eggs in the morning before you leave for school and upon your return....The important thing is that they do get turned. It's better to turn odd times, 3 or 5, etc. but really 2 tyimes is better than 1. Good luck with the schooling.

DOn't forget...Stop turning on day 18!

Be blessed and be a blessing!

I have a small tupperware bowl that I sit under light to get the humidity up. If it gets too high I open the holes in top of my homemade bator. On the day of hatching I have a spray bottle that I mist through a hole in bator to raise humidity even more. Hope this helps it works for me.

Back
Top Bottom