Egg white from 6 week olds???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Guwisti, May 8, 2009.

1. Guwisti

Guwisti Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2009
    Van Buren, AR
    I have 6 - six week old chickens (Silver Penciled Wyandottes, Welsummers and Rock Reds). Went outside to let them out of their coop and into their run this morning. They ate, they drank they ran around. I noticed a small "puddle" by the front door. Now it's been raining, but it's all soaked up so I wondered what it could be. Walked over to it when I left and it was starting to "white up" and looked like what I can only describe as an egg white and was as big as an egg white. My chicks are way too young to start laying. What is this? is this normal?

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  2. Guwisti

Guwisti Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2009
    Van Buren, AR
    I'm really hoping someone can still help me with this. Haven't noticed anything since then, but I just happened to be there this morning when it happened. It came out of my chicken and I have no idea why? please help a newbie?!

3. Lil Chickie Mama

Lil Chickie Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    California
    I can't help as I have no idea, but hope someone can! [​IMG]

4. California Ducken

California Ducken Chillin' With My Peeps

Bump
    Sorry I can't help either.
    My duck does this, but she is in mating season.
    Good Luck.

5. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    that IS weird, and in my opinion it's not normal [​IMG]

beats the heck outta me. very very odd.

6. kycklingmamma

kycklingmamma Chillin' With My Peeps

I wish I could help, but I have no clue...Does it look like runny poo or do you really think it is whites?

Kycklingmamma

7. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    Quote:but would runny poo be clear and then go white? man, i hope someone speaks up soon, i'm really curious to know. are they showing any signs of sickness? if not i wouldn't worry about it too much, but still. WEIRD... [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  8. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    Possibly just a liquid poop. The liquid is actually urates and they turn white as they dry if it comes out that wet.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Have you seen it again since the initial sighting? If not no worries, if so, you may have a sick bird. Search for the poop thread by JennsPeeps - it tells you everything about chicken poop.

10. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    could you take a picture of it? (i know its a wierd question... [​IMG] )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by