Egg with rings [PIC]

Wynette

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Sep 25, 2007
Michigan
This interesting egg was laid last night after dark. It has rings on it, and I'm wondering if the hen that laid it had trouble, since it arrived after dark. What are your thoughts? It's not "stepped off" indicating the shell is thicker in any of the rings. Sorry it's not a close-up; I tried using the macro on my digital camera, and just could not get it focused. I've apparently pushed a button I shouldn't have or something! Also, when I washed it (it was laid on the floor, also a little unusual for my Carmen), about half of the pigment came off on end of the egg. Do you think it's anything to be concerned about? My feeling is more concern because it was laid after dark (it's a jumbo, 2.6 oz., but she usually lays that size).
ringedegg.jpg

Weird!
I have an EE that did something similar. Laid the usual egg, but ours were a different color on the big end. She did it 2 times, but hasn't done it since.

I'm glad to hear that; Carmen laid several "normal" eggs before this, and I was a bit concerned with this one having been laid at night, and on the floor. Glad to hear your EE was fine after! Probably just a weird egg laying thing, and hopefully she'll be back to normal now. Thanks!

Her system may have been screwed up and that could be why the weird time. Once in a while I get one laid real late too. As for the color, my avaitor is not a doctored pic. I have no clue which one laid it but no problems since and that was months ago.

a left over easter egg maybe LOL

that is a pretty egg though - I would save it.if the girl who laid it is acting normal I would think she is fine, maybe her egg laying clock was alittle off and it was a night time egg instead?

my girls never lay me cool eggs like that - everyonce in awhile I get one with purpleish spots on it.

Julie

FK, I recall you mentioning that in a different thread some time ago, about your avatar. That egg you had is VERY interesting - it's such a huge difference in shade from one section to the next! Pretty neat. Do you think eggs such as this were ones that the hen had a difficult time laying, like perhaps they got part of the egg out, but had to rest for a long period before pushing it the rest of the way, or would it have been colored like that long before being laid?

WHOA, C4C! Purplish spots? Now THAT is neato! You ought to try & get a closeup next time you get one, I bet that one would take the cake!

I will check the eggs they lay today for one - it normally comes from either a LB or one of my SLC.

I love getting them they are pretty cool - when I sell a doz I try to add one in the carton for fun

Julie

Back
Top Bottom