Egg yolk and whites coming out of hen

TheDuckGuy

Songster
Nov 29, 2020
Africa my Dark brahma bantam has egg yolk and whites coming out of her vent. She doesn't seem to feel that well and her vent is swollen. What do I do. She is older I don't know how old exactly but she is up there. I will do anything to help her please just tell me what to do

Africa my Dark brahma bantam has egg yolk and whites coming out of her vent. She doesn't seem to feel that well and her vent is swollen. What do I do. She is older I don't know how old exactly but she is up there. I will do anything to help her please just tell me what to do
Do you have any Amoxicillin? I use Fishmox. There are many places on line where you can purchase it. I would give her 250 mg of FIshmox every 8 hours for 5 days. I would also give her 600 mg of calcium with D once daily for a week.

Do you have any Amoxicillin? I use Fishmox. There are many places on line where you can purchase it. I would give her 250 mg of FIshmox every 8 hours for 5 days. I would also give her 600 mg of calcium with D once daily for a week.
Yes I gave her fishmox last night and this morning she is doing better is is moving around eating drinking ect. And the swelling has went down around her vent

Is there any easier way to give her the amoxicillin I don't know if it comes in other forms but mine is a pill

Is there any easier way to give her the amoxicillin I don't know if it comes in other forms but mine is a pill
Have you tried just offering it to her to eat from your hand? Sometimes they surprise you and just swallow it because they think it's a treat.
Does she like yogurt? If she's never had it, offer a small dab to her on a plate. Most hens like it. The first time they see it they think it's alien. But once they try it, they like it. If/when she readily eats the yogurt, I mix meds in it and feed it to them that way.
You can also break the tablet in half and stuff each half into half of a grape and feed her those.

Have you tried just offering it to her to eat from your hand? Sometimes they surprise you and just swallow it because they think it's a treat.
Does she like yogurt? If she's never had it, offer a small dab to her on a plate. Most hens like it. The first time they see it they think it's alien. But once they try it, they like it. If/when she readily eats the yogurt, I mix meds in it and feed it to them that way.
You can also break the tablet in half and stuff each half into half of a grape and feed her those.
I have cherry can they have those I forgot lol

I searched it and they can have cherries and she gobbled them up lol

Back
Top Bottom