Egg yolk color Experiment

Sure thing.
The first one is altered, but actually is more accurate. In person they're very vivid but I'm not great about getting good lighting.

Those are beautiful! My guess is it's the intense pigment in those carrots that is making the difference, not the little bit that's in the cayenne. I'd also bet they are getting a big boost in Vitamin A as well! Thanks for sharing.

Those are beautiful! My guess is it's the intense pigment in those carrots that is making the difference, not the little bit that's in the cayenne. I'd also bet they are getting a big boost in Vitamin A as well! Thanks for sharing.

I would definitely agree it's played a part!
I've only given them carrot peels a couple times though. The only thing that has been consistent every single day is the cayenne and the free ranging so I can't completely discount it. I would have to do a control group and I don't want my only two ladies to be restricted from free ranging lol. I love them too much. Science is hard when you love the subjects lol.
Thank you for the carrot compliment. I'm a novice gardener and chicken keeper. But I've been a foodie for a long time lol. I eat with my eyes first so I want deep orange yolks and purple carrots darn it.

Back
Top Bottom