Egg yolk peritonitis or egg bound?? Please HELP!

brooklynbirds18

Chirping
7 Years
Nov 30, 2012
Arizona
My 2 1/2 year old ameraucana may be egg bound again (at least that what I think it is) as of Monday afternoonish. She's been walking aimlessly in the yard sitting or just standing anywhere she likes with her eyes closed. Yesterday and Today I was able to get her to eat some tums, and then some calcium pills I mixed in with some grapes (and some with a syringe) as she won't eat anything else. I gave her the veggie oil and petroleum jelly on her vent, massaged her tummy, did the Epsom salt bath and left her in a dark warm place to hopefully lay the egg and nothing has worked so far.

Ironically when we come outside to sit shell fly on us to sleep. Yesterday she felt better late in the evening (showing less symptoms) and when she woke up she returned to her old ways. I let her back in the yard the last hour or so and she's really blown up like a ball and now I'm really nervous. She's having mostly diarrhea with yellow and white, and not pooping a whole lot either. What can I do???

Another member mentioned eyp and it could be that but I honestly don't know. If it makes any difference, she's still grooming and cleaning herself like she always does, and her wattle and crown are not pale.

These are from the last hour or so.. Any tips or advice would be very much appreciated. She's also out only pet in the house so I'm really hoping she makes it.

Back
Top Bottom