Egg yolk peritonitis

She pulled through it and seems to be doing fine but she is in winter molt/off for winter.
I'm worried that she might have problems in the spring when her egg maker kicks back in.
I fill found out in the spring.

That's so good to hear! My Isa Brown is almost three, which is 'getting on a bit' for an Isa. I hope the antibiotics help her kick any infection, although if there is any leftover egg inside her, it's going to keep re-infecting her. I lost my Barred Rock to (I think) a secondary infection, after she had been on antibiotics for two weeks. :( If I lose Chickie, soon, it will be three chooks this year. :hit

That's so good to hear! My Isa Brown is almost three, which is 'getting on a bit' for an Isa. I hope the antibiotics help her kick any infection, although if there is any leftover egg inside her, it's going to keep re-infecting her. I lost my Barred Rock to (I think) a secondary infection, after she had been on antibiotics for two weeks. :( If I lose Chickie, soon, it will be three chooks this year. :hit
That's sad.
Hopefully chickie pulls through.
I'm wondering if I should give our hen another round of antibiotics while she is off for winter to help clear any leftover infection and help her egg maker get back on track heal up?

That's sad.
Hopefully chickie pulls through.
I'm wondering if I should give our hen another round of antibiotics while she is off for winter to help clear any leftover infection and help her egg maker get back on track heal up?

Do you have an avian vet? Maybe that's a question you can put to them. I hope your precious girl stays well. xoxo

Back
Top Bottom