Eggbid.com Ripoff or just the dealer? What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shogun99

Songster
11 Years
Aug 20, 2008
Las Cruces, NM
Ok so back story here. I bought some Japanese Bantam eggs from a guy on eggbid. I'm on day 19 now and I've gone from 10 eggs, to 3 that looked even fairly fertile when I candled yesterday.

Do you think I got ripped off? Should I ask for more eggs or a partial refund? I've been meticulously turning the eggs, and fussing over temperature, humidity, etc for the last 3 weeks and if I'm lucky I may get one bird out of these (I paid 25 bucks overall too).

Suggestions? Comments? Advice? Questions? Concerns??

I would nicely mention to the seller that the eggs are not developing as they should. If the seller is truly honest, they should , or at least IMO, should offer to send more for the price of shipping.

I bought eggs off Ebay, guy had an excellent rep as a seller, my stupid PO held the eggs for a week, when I emailed the seller he immediately offered to replace for shipping if I ended up with only a couple or none hatching.

Go into with the attitude that the seller is innocent until proven otherwise.

Shipped eggs can be fertile and due to being bounced around, etc, during transit, they may never start developing. It's just the luck of the draw, honestly. Many of us have spent lots of $$$ buying hatching eggs from very reputable sellers here on BYC that never develop. Doesn't mean they weren't fertile. Too many factors involved from the time the rooster fertilizes the hen till you get to the end of incubation to say for sure what happened.

EDITED TO ADD: I sometimes do send more eggs. Even have done it when I paid the shipping, too, but I am not obligated in any way to do so, IMO. It's a personal policy of the seller, who cannot guarantee any hatch with shipped eggs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom