Eggbid

TommyVT05

Songster
11 Years
Feb 6, 2008
Southern California
Hello,

Does anyone know if registering for Eggbid is free or not?
Also, they required that your e-mail domain name not to be "free"?
Thats odd because I don't want to have to BUY e-mail accounts when they are free all over the place, thats to bad isn't it?

- Tommy

I tried Eggbid, originally I couldn't register because all I have is a yahoo email, but my aunt told me I could use her email, got it set up, waited for the auction I wanted to be close to over and tryed to bid, and it would never let me, kept having some error. I was done w/ it after that, now if I see something I want I email the breeder and ask if they will sell me some eggs out right.

Perhaps if a few people suggested they verify the identity of anyone with a free e-mail account by credit card, like most companies, they would? It doesn't seem very cost effective to turn away anyone who refuses to pay for e-mail. I have several available e-mail addresses that come with my Hughes Net account but I have never used one. I just like Yahoo too much.

I also have yahoo but I have never had a problem with emailing the seller and explaining your circumstance. Every single one has sold me eggs for a very reasonable price. Good luck!!

They require you to use the email account with your primary ISP. I would think they do not allow the free accounts because any spammer could register for one and bid up auctions without intent to pay. I've actually seen that happen on there and lots of seller accounts were impacted. I think they are just trying to keep it as safe as possible for everyone and since everyone has an ISP with an email account I don't see any issues with running it this way.

Jody

They require you to use the email account with your primary ISP. I would think they do not allow the free accounts because any spammer could register for one and bid up auctions without intent to pay.

Yes, but that is why places like eBay make you verify your identity with a credit card if you use a free email account. It is a simple process and guarantees you are who you say you are.​

Back
Top Bottom