Eggbound for 3+ days, but no straining or trying to lay!

Oy, that is a lot. I am probably getting about 100 to 120mL in her only. But mostly also because I don't know how much I can give her at a time. I don't want to drown her with too much liquid at a time. I give her about 15 to 20 mL at a time. Can I do more? Or just more often?
How much does she weigh?

Update: we only today tried to manually remove the egg. The issue is that while I can feel the egg just mm from the vent, it is still wrapped by the uterus and i can't seem to find any opening where the uterus is not fully covering the egg. Its stuck because it never finished turning I think.

Update: we only today tried to manually remove the egg. The issue is that while I can feel the egg just mm from the vent, it is still wrapped by the uterus and i can't seem to find any opening where the uterus is not fully covering the egg. Its stuck because it never finished turning I think.
The opening can be very difficult to find.

Update: took her to the vet last Thursday, 6 days ago. He said she seemed fine and we learned to crop feed and giving her calcium gluconate.

Still no egg.

And now she has an impacted crop too. It is barely sour, but obviously on its way. I called the vet today and he is giving us 2 meds, but I don't know what they are yet since they aren't ready for pickup.

She is now lethargic as of yesterday, and prospects look grim. He says to keep giving her food...and I am very confused. Its impacted, dude, where is that food going?

And after 3 weeks of this I am about ready to take her out myself, I am at the end of my rope.

Back
Top Bottom