eggbound? Help

farmerbob

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
Hello all I think I have a hen eggbound she is very listless and has an egg or what appears to be an egg inside her in an attempt to break it so it would pass it would not break. she also passed a yoke and some white but still has a eggshapped object inside please any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Bob

Fill a bucket with warm/hot water and put her in it. She will struggle for a couple seconds then she will calm down. She will just float there for about 30 minutes. It will loosen her muscles so the egg will usually just pop out. I hope this helps. Keep me updated

does this sound like an egg bound issue? or am I barking up the wrong tree? oddly she seems content in my bathtub with the light on trying to sleep. I also gave her some water w/sugar because of the listlessness. do you think that was a good idea should I continue or stop?

I really have no Idea what to do but I would like to be more sure about her condition if possible can anyone shed some more light on this please?

Last edited:
Keep the light off because she will continue to try and lay if the light is on. I dont know if the sugar water is bad or good but I dont think it will hurt. I'm pretty new to chickens so I dont know what else to do
sad.png

Good luck
fl.gif

Last edited:
I would like to thank all that replied and let you know that after all of the fuss she seems to have weathered the storm.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom