Eggciting Recipes

I like to make chicken salad. I would never eat my own birds, but I use the canned chicken in the grocery store.
2 16 oz. cans chicken
4 tbs. Mayonaise
4 tbs. Dill relish
1/2 tsp. Poultry seasoning

My favorite "recipe" for fresh foods is something my mom used to make. She would fry up some bacon, then remove the meat. Add in freshly picked green beans to the fat and cook until they were semi-tender. Then add back in the bacon to serve. If the potatoes were in, sometimes they would get added as well with the beans. Add some salt and pepper and YUM!! I make this every year with beans I grow or if I don't have any that year, I get them from our church harvest swap.

Southwestern quiche

Main Ingredient Eggs Cooking Method Bake Makes 6 servings

Ingredients 1 frozen 9-inch pie crust 1 3/4 cups potatoes, peeled, shredded 1/4 cup green onions, chopped 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped 4 oz. low-sodium ham, chopped 1/2 cup low-fat, low-sodium Pepper Jack cheese, shredded 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp. dry mustard 1/4 tsp. black pepper 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk 4 eggs

Methods/steps Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Follow directions for piecrust. Coat large skillet with nonstick coating and heat over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, onions, mushrooms, bell pepper and ham. Saute 5 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned. Remove from heat and add cheese, tossing well. Spoon into piecrust. Combine flour, dry mustard and pepper in a medium bowl. Gradually add milk and egg s and whisk until smooth. Pour over potato mixture in piecrust. Bake for 45 minutes or until set. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.

Back
Top Bottom