Eggs? Any guesses on breeds?

debosaurus

In the Brooder
Dec 6, 2015
Hey There! I picked up 7 eggs from a Heritage chicken breeder near me.
I am pretty sure that there are two "easter eggers" and one Barred Rock... she mentioned something about a Maran (I'm guessing the darkest egg) and a Crested Cream Legbar... But no idea! Potentially some Americaunas as well???

Thoughts?
Hatch Date Approximately the 25th. :D

The maran egg would definitely be the darkest. One of the eggs looks green on my screen. I get those from my maran ee crosses. Whatever they end up being, you should have a colorful basket!! :)

The lady who I purchased them from said the Bluey/Green eggs are Olive Easter Eggers, so mixed breeds.

One will be a Spotted Plymouth Rock And one will be a crested cream legbar...

But there are still some mystery eggs. I can't wait!

Hey There! I picked up 7 eggs from a Heritage chicken breeder near me.
I am pretty sure that there are two "easter eggers" and one Barred Rock... she mentioned something about a Maran (I'm guessing the darkest egg) and a Crested Cream Legbar... But no idea! Potentially some Americaunas as well???

Thoughts?
Hatch Date Approximately the 25th. :D

Blue is Ameracauna, Olive green is an Easter Egger, dark brown is from a Marran, I think Cream Legbars are white egg layers, Barred Plymouth Rock are brown egg layers so the other three brown eggs could be Barred Plymouth Rocks. For brown eggs you'll have to wait for them to hatch. When that happens send pictures of them and we can try to help identify the breed.

The eggs of my Marans (B/C) look like this, so it is possible, but I'd say it's not a 100 % match.
My guess is the dark green eggs come from a Marans x araucana mix. They tend to give these olive colours

Hmmm, I know the majority are mixed, so I suppose I will just have to hope they all hatch and do well. :)

Hey There! I picked up 7 eggs from a Heritage chicken breeder near me. I am pretty sure that there are two "easter eggers" and one Barred Rock... she mentioned something about a Maran (I'm guessing the darkest egg) and a Crested Cream Legbar... But no idea! Potentially some Americaunas as well??? Thoughts? Hatch Date Approximately the 25th. :D
Maranas, legbar, EE, Rock,Light Sussex, 2 RIR,or production red.

Back
Top Bottom