Eggs at 10 weeks?

That's severely abnormal, if is her, I don't know how long she can go before issues happen. This is not a wanted trait. Did you have them under lights all the time?
That's the thing no and they are on flock raiser not layers......why could it cause problems?

Check the bones(labeled F-F) in the pelvis.
Her bones are two fingers apart plus she's pretty small only 10 weeks old so I'm pretty sure that she is laying, but there was no egg this morning like I thought they would be. she's kind of lethargic she's sitting there with her tail down this morning when I came to check on her her butt was all poopy and it had to be cleaned I washed it and she didn't even struggle a little bit and now she's just sitting there where I placed her with her tail down I'm worried about her may she be egg bound? Yesterday she was completely fine except for in the evening when she was breathing very hard and her vent was pulsing that was around 8:30 p.m. but that morning and afternoon she was doing just fine being her normal self that's what makes me think she is not sick

One of my hens was having feathers plucked near her vent a few months ago. I sprayed some Blu Kote on her. Next egg collection, after completely forgetting about it, one egg looked like a 2 year old tried to draw on it with a blue pen. Scratched my head for longer than I'd like to admit lol.

Some blue kote or (not red) food coloring on your silkie's vent may get to the bottom of this.

I think the 10 week old is egg bound anyone have any way to help me with this

I'm giving her some calcium with a little bit of Mash with vitamins in it but she's not very interested

No, she didn't i miss her so much
I don't think she was egg bound I am thinking coccidiosis because I seen Bloody poop 2 days after she passed. I treated and now everyone is doing better. Also I found out the layer is was the silkie cross. Thank you for the help everyone 🙏

Back
Top Bottom