eggs becoming darker every time. Is that bad?

Quail 66

Songster
Nov 18, 2020
Thessaloniki, Greece
Is there something wrong with that? The hen is fine. I was just wondering. this one especially eats everything. She's not picky at all

Attachments

• IMG_20210110_145513.jpg
    IMG_20210110_145513.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 20
irrelevant to the post but what the heck. I won't open a thread for that. As it started snowing here and the weather is unusually cold for us, I was so afraid they would get cold that I took them inside, in a diy temporary ran. I wolk up this morning only to find the A&M wandering around the kitchen trying to get back in. No pics unfortunately. I rushed to put him back immediately. I'm still trying to understand how he got out, the little bugger

Attachments

• IMG_20210114_211812.jpg
    IMG_20210114_211812.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 8
irrelevant to the post but what the heck. I won't open a thread for that. As it started snowing here and the weather is unusually cold for us, I was so afraid they would get cold that I took them inside, in a diy temporary ran. I wolk up this morning only to find the A&M wandering around the kitchen trying to get back in. No pics unfortunately. I rushed to put him back immediately. I'm still trying to understand how he got out, the little bugger

Im guessing he probably squeezed out between the green net and the little cage. I’m glad you don’t have a cat hahaha. When I was a kid we got a pet rabbit and a couple days later, my cat brought me a baby bunny, and had also left one in my moms bed, it was pregnant from the store! It was kind of terrifying for a kid, and for my mom lol.

Well, at least your cat was a provider. My cats never brought me anything😄. ( My dog brought me a ded puppy once but I refuse to believe she had killed it. In 17 years she barked only 2 times!!!) You are right about the mesh. I've fixed that. It was a good opportunity though to introduce my older hen to the big group. they got along fine. I now don't know what to do with the old grumpy male 😂.I'm a bit histerical about their safety because I'm a newbie. The only danger they face are some big magpies that visit my balcony so I put extra mesh around their cage.

Back
Top Bottom