Eggs before incubating..??

LaurenV

Chirping
8 Years
Jan 2, 2012
Idaho
How do you store eggs before putting them in an incubator?? I get 9 eggs a day and about 7 are fertile... I need to get 48 eggs before putting them into the incubator. Any ideas??? Thanks!
big_smile.png

Yes I put mine on a tray and store them that way, you can get an old second hand fridge and as long as the tempreature is at 10% you can store them in that , bring them out to room tempreature the night before you want to incubate them. Sandy
D.gif

Why not just unplug your bator and turner, store them in there on the turner, then after you have stored them in there for how ever many hours you choose to, turn on the bator until it reaches the right temp (the eggs will warm as the bator does) then turn on the turner?

I think this article gives some pretty good information on how to store them. Don't get too hung up on some of the things it says. These are guidelines, targets to shoot for, not absolute laws of nature. You don't have to do everything exactly as they suggest. I assure you, many of us don't follow everything perfectly and still get decent hatches. Just do the best you reasonably can.

Texas A&M Incubation site
http://gallus.tamu.edu/library/extpublications/b6092.pdf

I take the turner out of my incubator and plug it in and store eggs in it pointy side down. That way I don't have to worry about turning them. I just keep it in my coolest room, which is above the recommended temperatures, but that is the best place I have.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom