Eggs!!! Brown to white from the same chicken?

8675309j

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 23, 2013
Our Buff Orpington has been laying fairly consistantly since she was 19 weeks old, still waiting for our Buff Brahmas to lay they are 22 weeks old now. Yesterday my BO layed me a white egg... I thought one of my neighbors was playing a joke on me taking my lovely brown egg and replacing it with a white. Our eggs so far have been small, and very egg shape, the last few are larger and more oval, the white one is throwing me off. I am certain its from the BO since I saw her in the box yesterday. My BB's dont appear to be near laying yet. Thoughts? Does egg shell vary from time to time from one chick?

Egg shell color from a particular bird can vary, but I don't think it can change completely from brown to white. But I'm not sure where the white egg would have come from, as Brahmas lay brown eggs as well. Are you sure your birds are the breeds they're supposed to be? Perhaps post some photos on this thread so I and others can identify them.

One buff orpington, three buff brahmas one is a Roo. BO is the only one laying.

Well, those definitely look like Buff Brahmas and a Buff Orpington. Maybe it was just a fluke in your BO's reproductive system that caused the white egg.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom