Eggs! Coming! Now! Help! Mama ran away! I need to incubate them without an incubator!

Update on their mother: She came back... but she is unstable and cannot be put back with the eggs, she already stomped 5 other ones, before we brought the remaining 4 here šŸ˜• We will continue incubating them here with us! We are trying to catch her so I will post another update if we catch her!

Update on their mother: She came back... but she is unstable and cannot be put back with the eggs, she already stomped 5 other ones, before we brought the remaining 4 here šŸ˜• We will continue incubating them here with us! We are trying to catch her so I will post another update if we catch her!
The hen looks like a Gamefowl/Gamefowl mix, she's probably not unstable, she's freaked out. Did you just get her along with the eggs?

The hen looks like a Gamefowl/Gamefowl mix, she's probably not unstable, she's freaked out. Did you just get her along with the eggs?
Yes, we got her with her eggs! She was calm when we got her and when we put her down and took her out she freaked and we tried to get the eggs out of the cage so we could save the ones she didnā€™t stomp on, she wonā€™t lay on them anymore she left them for a while so we are not sure šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø She keeps leaving and I donā€™t want to risk the lives of the chicks inside...

Yes, we got her with her eggs! She was calm when we got her and when we put her down and took her out she freaked and we tried to get the eggs out of the cage so we could save the ones she didnā€™t stomp on, she wonā€™t lay on them anymore she left them for a while so we are not sure šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø She keeps leaving and I donā€™t want to risk the lives of the chicks inside...
I mean you just got her like today?
She's freaked out. Their instincts are strong, so you may be able to place the eggs in a nest for her to get into, but it would be very important to leave the hen alone until the chicks hatch and I mean leave her alone. Make food/water available for her.

Did you know she was a Gamefowl or had some GF in her when you got her?

I mean you just got her like today?
She's freaked out. Their instincts are strong, so you may be able to place the eggs in a nest for her to get into, but it would be very important to leave the hen alone until the chicks hatch and I mean leave her alone. Make food/water available for her.

Did you know she was a Gamefowl or had some GF in her when you got her?
We didnā€™t get her today... We donā€™t know what type my grandfather is the one who brought her for his yard, she escaped there, we have food and water there for her in case she comes back

Itā€™s also Very Chilly right now where we love and we donā€™t want to leave the eggs outside and risk them freezing because she might not come back in time... or at all

We didnā€™t get her today... We donā€™t know what type my grandfather is the one who brought her for his yard, she escaped there, we have food and water there for her in case she comes back
How many days have you had her?
She was sitting fine on the eggs until you tried to move her/take her out and then she trampled the eggs right?
I would place the cage somewhere sheltered where she can get in and see if she'll sit on the eggs, but don't try to move her again or even touch her. She'll just freak out again. In the photo she looks stressed. She may not sit now though that she's been disturbed this late in the game, but I would try it. IF she comes back, don't even go look at her, let her calm down. Put some food/water out for her and she will get it when she needs it.

How many days have you had her?
She was sitting fine on the eggs until you try to move her/take her out and the she trampled the eggs right?
I place the cage somewhere sheltered where she can get in and see if she'll sit on the eggs, but don't try to move her again or even touch her. She'll just freak out again. In the photo she looks stressed. She make not sit now though that she's been disturbed this late in the game, but I would try it. IF she comes back, don't even go look at her, let her calm down. Put some food/water out for her and she will get it when she needs it.
She wasnā€™t sitting at all, we put her in her new home and she started freaking out, so which leads us to the recent issue right now, we will try reuniting her with the eggs... but can the eggs be exposed chill?

She wasnā€™t sitting at all, we put her in her new home and she started freaking out, so which leads us to the recent issue right now, we will try reuniting her with the eggs... but can the eggs be exposed chill?
So she was not broody at all? She was never sitting on the eggs right?
IF she was not broody, then she will not sit on the eggs.

Also you mention the eggs are due to hatch in about 1 week? How were they being incubated in the first place.

I may be completely misunderstanding you, if I am, please forgive me and correct me.

So she was not broody at all? She was never sitting on the eggs right?
IF she was not broody, then she will not sit on the eggs.

Also you mention the eggs are due to hatch in about 1 week? How were they being incubated in the first place.

I may be completely misunderstanding you, if I am, please forgive me and correct me.
We donā€™t know if she was broody or not she just wasnā€™t sitting we chalked it up to stress, so we will incubate them under a lamp if not I am ordering an incubator! Any advice is accepted and thank you for your concern šŸ™ šŸ˜Š

Back
Top Bottom