Eggs! Coming! Now! Help! Mama ran away! I need to incubate them without an incubator!

We don’t know if she was broody or not she just wasn’t sitting we chalked it up to stress, so we will incubate them under a lamp if not I am ordering an incubator! Any advice is accepted and thank you for your concern 🙏 😊
Oh, o.k.
Well, I hope you are able to hatch the chicks and that she comes back.

So someone gave you a bird and some eggs and you thought she would hatch the eggs,
without knowing if bird was broody or not?
Did you candle any of the eggs to see if they are even developing
They are her eggs, and yes I candled them they are developing!

@aart The person he got them from said she was laying on them! She wasn’t laying at all when we p
How far along are they?
She was brooding them at her old home?
Moving a broody hen is the best way to break them from being broody :gig
Best of luck with your incubation!
about a week from hatching! And please forgive our moving them someone gave them to my grandfather, and he brought them for his yard but she ran away so we’re hoping she cools off and returns!

I'm also confused

are you saying someone gave you a broody hen who was already on a nest and like 2/3 into incubation?

that just seems so weird.

I'm also confused

are you saying someone gave you a broody hen who was already on a nest and like 2/3 into incubation?

that just seems so weird.
Yes.... it wasn’t a profesional breeder or anything just someone who has chickens..... he knew people who had them and they gave it to him.

I just need advice on how to care for them.... they are close to hatching so I need to know how to treat them, so I can give them the best chance of survival regardless of if the mom comes or not..... I will try to reunite the eggs with her, but no promises she will take to them...

Back
Top Bottom