Eggs developing slowly

VaultGirl27

Songster
Oct 22, 2019
Has anyone had eggs develop slowly and still make it to hatch? All of my narragansett eggs are behind in development compared to the black Spanish, chocolate, and royal palms. I'm using the nurture right 360 incubator and the narragansett eggs are in the middle section. Is this possibly why they are developed slower? I've moved them to the outer ring now that I took out the infertile eggs. I also can't tell if they are still moving, so maybe they started and then stopped? Any ideas why only this breed is having an issue? Or is it the positioning in the incubator? Any help greatly appreciated

Based on the duck chart, they look to be about 4 days behind the others, approximately day 13-14, while the others are day 17-18. Officially they were day 17 when I checked them.

Has anyone had eggs develop slowly and still make it to hatch? All of my narragansett eggs are behind in development compared to the black Spanish, chocolate, and royal palms. I'm using the nurture right 360 incubator and the narragansett eggs are in the middle section. Is this possibly why they are developed slower? I've moved them to the outer ring now that I took out the infertile eggs. I also can't tell if they are still moving, so maybe they started and then stopped? Any ideas why only this breed is having an issue? Or is it the positioning in the incubator? Any help greatly appreciated
If your eggs aren't hatching as quickly, it might be that they just need a little longer. The Temperature might be too slow causing hem to develop slowly, which might not be as good as it sounds. Maybe the humidity is off. Or it might just be the different breeds that they are. There's a lot of different possibilities.

mmm, online reviews of this incubator are not the best. Ofcourse there are positive reviews but also many about inaccurate temperature and humidity and differences between the inner and outer ring. A selection out of one of the worst I could find from amazon also regarding turkey:

"[...] I filled it with turkey eggs, and noticed early on that many of the eggs that were on the outer rim were not developing . I took about half of them out on day 11 figuring that they may not have been fertile. Over the next 10 days, all but three of the eggs that were on the rim stopped developing at some stage , and yet every single one of the 6 eggs that were in the middle developed completely and are ready for hatching. This tells me that heat was escaping out of the edge , and the colder air from outside of the incubator was causing the eggs on the outer circle to have inconsistent temperature. [...]

I've read those reviews and thought it could be an issue, however the ones on the outer ring are developing fine and on time. It's the middle ones that aren't developing as quickly. I have another incubator that some eggs are in. I may move these into it and see if that makes a difference. This incubator is one I borrowed from a friend who has always had great success with it. It makes me think the eggs may be the problem.

Thanks for the threads, I've looked at the first one before, but will check out the other.

I've read those reviews and thought it could be an issue, however the ones on the outer ring are developing fine and on time. It's the middle ones that aren't developing as quickly. I have another incubator that some eggs are in. I may move these into it and see if that makes a difference. This incubator is one I borrowed from a friend who has always had great success with it. It makes me think the eggs may be the problem.

Thanks for the threads, I've looked at the first one before, but will check out the other.
It might be getting too hot and the outer eggs are surviving because it's loosing heat there

It might be getting too hot and the outer eggs are surviving because it's loosing heat there
I did a spot check with a couple different thermometers tonight and the middle is several degrees cooler than the outer ring. The ones on the outer ring are temping right at 99.5, so I guess I have my answer as to why. Now just to see if the babies will make it. I'm super disappointed because those were the eggs I wanted to hatch most and have been the most difficult to find. I specifically put them in the middle in case the outside edge didn't get a warm. Looks like it backfired and I should have put them in both areas. Live and learn I guess. 🤦‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom