eggs eggs an more eggs

Kamokid95

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 28, 2011
if i take away some or all of my chickens eggs will she lay more?
i was not sure if they were going to be fertile or not, so i was going to wait a week and candle them and now theres 10 eggs. so if i get rid of those will it make her lay more?

they lay eggs daily...so it doesn't matter if you take them away, if you are trying to get chicks...you need a rooster to fertilize them, I don't mean to talk down to you, just sort of confused with your question.

They lay usually, every day...if she refuses to get off the nest, with eggs under her...she is broody, and sitting on fertilized eggs.

Anyone else?

Do they only go broody on fertilized eggs, or unfertilized eggs too? I have been talking to someone who might want to raise chickens, I offered to give her a few of mine when mine finally start laying but I never really read up on how to tell if they are fertile or not. I do have a rooster and mine still have time before they start laying but I just thought I'd ask. I will have to read up on this I guess, never really planned to hatch any of the eggs, we just planned to eat them
sad.png
I never read up on any of that because it never seemd to apply to us until now

***edited*** I just talked to the girl and she is not looking for chickens to lay eggs. She is looking for already grown organically raised chickens for eating. I will still read up on later trying to hatch chicks but we are planning to eat the eggs not raise them for chicks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom