EGGS EGGS EGGS I HAVE EGGS

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Crazy4Chicks, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I went out in the FREEZING RAIN to check on my chickens I opened the coop and all were fine - I open the " people door " to check the normal things water/food etc... I saw the cutest little green egg in the middle of the coop floor in a little cedernest ( of course not in a box ) so I walk in there like a hermit crab ( low celing need to change that LOL ) grab the egg turned to walk out and then I noticed another little green egg by the chickens door !! I have a feeling I know at least one of the girls that laid so I rushed to the door all excitied to tell DH dang near killed myself on the icey covered ground !!
    I have eggs green eggs !!!!! I have been waiting for ever to be able to say I have green eggs !!!!! I was getting a brown egg from my buff rock girl but she has stopped laying -so I was not expecting any eggs till spring - I am so FREAKIN HAPPY !!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

thanks for letting me go on about getting my very first green eggs

Julie

2. lyndatu

lyndatu Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Glad to hear! [​IMG] Congratulations!

Good for you...........If only my chicks aren't meat birds...........

3. joanm

joanm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Congrats!

4. Mac

Mac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    South Central PA
    Congratulations! Good thing you didn't slip on the ice and break them! Or yourself.....I'd probably do the same thing. And I'm thinking about green egg layers for my spring list.........

Mac

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

[​IMG]

6. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    WOOT! feels good doesnt it, now if my other five girls would start I would be happy too.

7. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Congrats............and not frozen [​IMG]

8. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Still no eggs here. My BO girls are 22 wks now. I thought they would be sweet and give me a B day present yesterday, but no luck.

9. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Happy Belated B-Day to you Texas

10. Dodgegal79

Dodgegal79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Princeton BC Canada
    Thats great. i just got as bunch of new chickens and I guess one layed a little green egg. Well I have a 16 year old foster boy and he found it and in his excitment of bringing it in to the house he tripped and squashed it. LOL. Poor kid felt bad but I told him its ok, we don't expect any until spring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by