Eggs flat on one side!

algopurple

Songster
11 Years
Dec 8, 2008
Ripley TN
Hey everyone! I went to collect eggs today and I am really concerned about what I found. I got an egg that was kind of flat on one side and looks really weird. I have never in my life seen an egg like this and then I found another one in the next box! 2 weird flat eggs in one day! They look kind of like they were broken inside the chicken then got hardened over at the broken place.
I really wish I could just take a pic. of them and let you see for yourself but my camera quit on me just last week.

I would really like to know if this has anything to do with their diet or is an indication that something is wrong with my hens. The size of these eggs makes me think they are not from my hens that just started laying but from the ones that started last fall.
They get whole corn, layer pellets, table scraps, and whatever else they find when I turn them out most every afternoon.

Any ideas? Anyone ever heard of this be for?

I'm new to the chicken raising but this reminds me of something my fil told me. He had a chicken that was "bound" up and he gave her a bath she then layed two eggs that were shaped as he put it like jigsaw puzzle. Maybe that's what happened with yours. She got one loose then went and layed the other. Do they fit together?

Perplexing. Umm well maybe someone with more knowledge can tell you something. I don't even get eggs yet just a pullet that thinks the other chicks are hers. Hehehe

Back
Top Bottom