eggs from freedom rangers???

pigfarmer

Songster
9 Years
Jan 28, 2010
Central Maine
eggs from freedom rangers...............I get shell-less eggs, quite frequently.
they are fed oyster supplement. I do have some firm eggs. today I got 1 of my first large firm egg. Any firm egg has been small.
usually, I find the shell-less eggs on the ground---------------squished.
thoughts... suggestions??????????????
idunno.gif
jumpy.gif
barnie.gif

I am looking to hatch future batches.

freedom rangers are like Cornish X, a hybrid, they are meant for eating not laying, as for the egg problem how much sunlight are they getting, they might not be getting enough vitamin D

I've also found a number of soft-shelled eggs. They're only 18 weeks old, so maybe they're just not getting it right, yet.

I'm getting more and more little pullet eggs and I'm pretty sure, though not 100% sure, that I've gotten a few larger eggs, too.

I'm going to wait a couple more weeks before I try to isolate the Rangers and get a better idea of just how big and how many eggs they are laying (and make sure the right rooster is taking care of them).

smile.png
mine have started to lay,very small eggs. i built nest boxes but they dont use them. The fun thing is my son thinks it easter ever day he goes out an hunts the eggs!!!
lol.png

I have been getting several small eggs(firm/normal shells).
Mine also do not like nest boxes too much. They have the nest boxes from my original chicken coop and I made 2 more
boxes, but lower to the ground. They kinda use it...just to appease me, I think.
I do get some eggs in a box or two, but mostly on the ground.
idunno.gif

The first few I found were not in laying boxes, but I'm finding some in boxes now. Mine have layers to mimic which may help.

I have fake eggs in boxes and I leave the smaller eggs in the boxes to help.
I do remove the ones left (real) eggs after awhile.
I may boil some eggs and put them in the boxes. Did that for my original (laying) flock to help them out.

Back
Top Bottom