eggs from mail

dathy

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 18, 2012
chicago
hey, i just received 20 silkie eggs from the mail today, i was just wondering if i should do anything special with eggs from the mail like let them air out for a day or something

answers are appreciated
thumbsup.gif

i tried searching but i only got incubating eggs in general, not ones out of the mail

People say to let them sit for 24 hours to settle but I have also heard if they are come from or thru warm weather you should put them in the incubator but fat end up like in a carton and not turn them for the first day or to to let the air cells settle like that .

You are going to want to let them sit for 12-24 hours before putting them in the incubator to allow the airsack to stabilize. If you type in "shipped eggs" in the search here you will find hours of reading to keep you busy. Some say "don't rotate them for ... days." I haven't found the magic formula with shipped eggs - I think the stars have to a line to but, I keep trying to get a good hatch rate on them.

I suggest that you put in some of your chickens fertile eggs or at least local hatching eggs in with the shipped eggs. Then you will have something to compare for hatch rate. Good Luck with your incubating - Hope you do well!

Back
Top Bottom