1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

eggs from the mail....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by stephanie1992, Sep 23, 2011.

1. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

how do u know if there good or not, none r broken, what should they look like when candled??

2. lincolnsilkies

lincolnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    Lincoln Nebraska
    When i got mine i just candled them to make sure there were no hair line cracks or anything then let them set for 24 hours and put them in the incubator and then candled them again which i wont make any final decisions until day 7-10

3. stephanie1992

ok i let mine sit for almost 24 hours, and there in the bator big end up in egg turner, ganna wait on touching them for a few days, hope they r ok, spent alot on them

4. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

If space is an issue you can candle for cracks, porosness or messed up aircell. But me, I just spent money on those eggs an every dang one is going in the incubator till I am sure which ones are actually not growing...

5. stephanie1992

none have cracks in them, and theres 8 of them, pakaged very well, postman was gentel with them when they arrived, box had fragile written in big red letters on the box. i hope there ok

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by