Eggs hatched 1 week early!!!!!!!

I moved her to a new nest with a dozen eggs so that couldn’t of been possible plus I don’t have a rooster
Where did you get the eggs? If they were local I’d suspect that one was already incubating. If it was via postal service I’m not so sure that would happen but, hey, anything is possible. If it had begun incubation and the temperature in the transportation was very warm (possible with the heat wave) then MAYBE!! a mail order egg could have come through alreay developing?? Just a wild theory. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Where did you get the eggs? If they were local I’d suspect that one was already incubating. If it was via postal service I’m not so sure that would happen but, hey, anything is possible. If it had begun incubation and the temperature in the transportation was very warm (possible with the heat wave) then MAYBE!! a mail order egg could have come through alreay developing?? Just a wild theory. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I got them from a local guy. Problem is now she is getting up off the nest and taking care of the chick and disregarding the other 11 eggs. I don’t know what to do

WOW!:woot Great MAMA!
just be ready just in case. 👍🏻
Sorry late response. Still sitting stronge the eggs. She actually moved The eggs a few inches closer to the feeder in water so the chick wouldn’t have to go as far. Just a quick question. How long can the eggs stay warm when there’s no hen on them? Just curious to know for future reference.

Sorry late response. Still sitting stronge the eggs. She actually moved The eggs a few inches closer to the feeder in water so the chick wouldn’t have to go as far. Just a quick question. How long can the eggs stay warm when there’s no hen on them? Just curious to know for future reference.
I just had a hen sit on and hatch eggs 2 weeks ago. When it was warm out (high 80s and low 90s) she would be off the nest for an hour or so. Near the end she didn't leave very often but would.

Back
Top Bottom