Eggs hatching today

Cap26651

Chirping
Jul 14, 2021
I have 12 eggs begging to hatch today. I need help. Our first time. Already have brooder ready and water feed ready. Soon as they pop all way out of their shell what do I need to do next? Thank you.

The first thing you need to do is relax.
While it is advisable to get them out to eat and drink as soon as all the chicks have emerged, it doesn't have to happen immediately and in a pinch they will be ok in there a day or two if necessary.
It may be likely they won't all get out today.
Thank you for quick response. Only thing I’m worried about is we got a cheap “Amazon” incubator for 12 eggs and I feel they might be too crowed to hatch? Or will they be fine this close together I had to stack them up sidexside bc that’s how this one is made. I’m attached a image so maybe it will help. Do I need to find away to space them out? I’m not sure how to with keeping the big end upwards it don’t have slots to set each egg inside like most the nicer models do.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 6
Thank you for quick response. Only thing I’m worried about is we got a cheap “Amazon” incubator for 12 eggs and I feel they might be too crowed to hatch? Or will they be fine this close together I had to stack them up sidexside bc that’s how this one is made. I’m attached a image so maybe it will help. Do I need to find away to space them out? I’m not sure how to with keeping the big end upwards it don’t have slots to set each egg inside like most the nicer models do.
Could you give a link for the incubator?

Well when a hen hatches her eggs, they lay on their sides. Have you been turning the eggs, or is it automatic? Have you candled them?
Hm I did not know that. Everything I read “online “ says to point the big end upwards on day 18… they get turned automatically and yes I’ve candled them and all seemed to be like they were supposed to “going by online pics” sorry it’s all new to us hatching eggs in a incubator I need to find me a broody hen to save the headache lol

Back
Top Bottom