Eggs hatching-when to take chicks out??

LotsOLopsChicks

Chirping
Feb 21, 2015
Virginia
Okay guys, my first egg hatched, he's still wet and he's peeping and rolling around, also rolling other eggs. He piped and zipped so fast I missed all of it. Another egg has a pip. Anyways, these are bantams, and I was wondering when to remove from incubator and how to do so as other eggs are still piping or just shaking.
Thanks!

Don't open the incubator. The best way to get a good hatch is to leave it alone. After they've all hatched (all that are going to) you can then remove them all at once. The early hatchers will encourage the rest to hatch faster. Sounds like you have a good hatch going on, with some nice strong chicks!

Don't open the incubator. The best way to get a good hatch is to leave it alone. After they've all hatched (all that are going to) you can then remove them all at once. The early hatchers will encourage the rest to hatch faster. Sounds like you have a good hatch going on, with some nice strong chicks!
Awesome! It is day 20, and these are bantams!!! Ekkkk!

Anyone else?

Awesome! It is day 20, and these are bantams!!! Ekkkk!

Anyone else?
I'm of the opposite camp. Sorry.
idunno.gif
I remove mine periodically during my hatch. (As long as my humidity is up and strong.) I won't move the first one until there are buddies to move with it if I can help it. I feel when to move is a personal decision te hatcher has to make in regards to what they are comfortabble with and how well the humidity in their bator is maintained. If you can't get your humidity above 60-65% then I would agree with Gardener, if you have a good humidity level around 75% as I try to keep mine at, then I'd say if you prefer them in the hatcher, that is an acceptable choice. I don't like having 7-8 chicks bouncing off the walls and each other. They do have to be active and strong though before I move them.

I'm of the opposite camp. Sorry.
idunno.gif
I remove mine periodically during my hatch. (As long as my humidity is up and strong.) I won't move the first one until there are buddies to move with it if I can help it. I feel when to move is a personal decision te hatcher has to make in regards to what they are comfortabble with and how well the humidity in their bator is maintained. If you can't get your humidity above 60-65% then I would agree with Gardener, if you have a good humidity level around 75% as I try to keep mine at, then I'd say if you prefer them in the hatcher, that is an acceptable choice. I don't like having 7-8 chicks bouncing off the walls and each other. They do have to be active and strong though before I move them.
I only have 5 eggs in and 4 left to hatch, looks like 3 or maybe 4 have piped so far... I think I'll wait and see. My incubator has no humidity monitor, it's good for hatching I know as I followed instructions and watched air sacs.

1st chick hatched

1st chick again

1st chick again

The egg he came out

Sorry the pictures are bad, but it's hard to get photos through the incubator. :)

Actually i have a question. .. I'm using an auto egg turner and don't know if a newly hatched chick can lay on it? ! I know im not supposed to touch them till they have died and fluffed so what do i do about that? ?

Back
Top Bottom