Eggs in incubator

Hatch date is Nov. 5th and I am getting excited. I candled the other day and I could see a little webbed foot and a beak. I have 5 eggs now and they all seem to be doing great. I had a freak time earlier this week though. Somehow the temp got turned up to 102!! I thought OMG I fried my babies. But it looks like everybody is ok. So if I understand correctly, on Nov. 2nd I should open both vents, add more water and drop the temp down? What temp do I drop it to? Also, no opening the lid, just wait till I see liyyle ones ready to come out and say hi to me. I am sooooo excited. This is my first time doing this so I hope they all make it.

Quote:
can't give you info on the bator issues but wanted to say how happy I am your close now... looking forward to hearing and seeing pics. of your babies.. all the best.
fl.gif
pop.gif

Quote:
Well, they're not due to hatch till next Wed. or so, but so far the air cells are looking good. I candled a couple last night. It's so hard to keep that lid closed!

Although all the sudden my humidity won't stay up. So I'm keeping a close eye on that.

I would leave the temperature stable. Add sponges soaked in water, and you can even spritz the eggs with water since they are duck eggs. Hatch on!:-D

Quote:
Thanks! I'm excited to post pics of these little fuzzy bottoms! I added a wash cloth with water on it and it's more stable now. I'm obsessively checking it now that I'm getting towards the end of things! So excited!

Back
Top Bottom