Eggs Not Hatched In Several Hours, But Lots of Peeping and Movement Coming From Them! Is This Normal

Chickenfan4life

Crowing
7 Years
Aug 28, 2012
Planet No
Okay, so we have six eggs under two broody hens. Lately, a lot of peeping has been heard from the shells, and the eggs are even moving a bit, but it's been several hours of this and still no chicks. Is this normal, or are they in need of help? I know I need help... please help me!

When are they due to hatch? Ive onlyhatched once but i could hear them and see eggs rolling for a good 24 hours before they did anything. Dont assist to quick from what ive heard you can do more harm than good. Be patient someone with more experience will probably answer you shortly. Good luck.

When are they due to hatch? Ive onlyhatched once but i could hear them and see eggs rolling for a good 24 hours before they did anything. Dont assist to quick from what ive heard you can do more harm than good. Be patient someone with more experience will probably answer you shortly. Good luck.
They were supposed to hatch yesterday...

Thanks for the info! It helped!

If they are moving and you hear chirping just leave them alone. It can take a day or two for them to actually hatch. 21 days is actually just an estimate. Sometimes it takes a little longer. Mama hen will know when to give up so just leave her alone and let her hatch her clutch.

Thanks.

I am proud to announce that I-or, Boots and Isabelle, the broodies-are now the proud mamas to 5 day old babies hatched from the eggs!

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom